It’s already been a year since I revamped this blog to become what we now know as simonoh.com. Once a WordPress blog lacking any particular identity or vision, it has turned into a format that I have wholeheartedly embraced.
Although this blog is better than ever before, there’s still more work to be done. Some of the ideas I have in mind will be phased in over time including producing more content that equally connects with me and everyone who comes across this site.
I’m proud to have introduced three regular series with last year’s revamp, adding some vitality and substance to this space. Those series are:
- Reflections and Expectations — which predated simonoh.com by a month — is a monthly wrap-up / look-ahead post inspired by Jessica Lawlor‘s Monthly Check-In series
- #Read3 is a weekly series published on Sundays, highlighting my top three favorite articles and posts from around the web
- Winners and Losers – an occasional series where I offer praise and (gentle) scorn to heroes and zeroes, respectively
On this space, I have chronicled some major professional and personal developments that have occurred over the last 12 months. Among the most noteworthy highlights include:
- AmeriCorps – the conclusion of my 11-month service year in August 2013 and the beginning of an end to my short life on the East Coast
- Summer 2013 trips – Visited Chicago and points in South Korea in August and Boston in September
- South Korea – My first visit in 20 years — when I was three years old — to visit my biological mother and largely-unknown maternal relatives
- Moving back to California – Leaving the East Coast after 14 short months in preparation for graduate school. Also came back to where life as I know it all started — friends, family, food, you name it.
- PRSA New Professionals committee – Began my term on a national leadership body as the diversity liaison
- Graduate school – Began graduate school at San Jose State University in January to pursue a Master of Science in Transportation Management degree
- Job search – The never-ending, 2.5-year long search that I sure hope comes to an end soon
- Nebraska and Colorado – Ventured deeper into the Midwest and met up with some old friends in the process
Thank you to all who have made simonoh.com something better than anything I have ever imagined it to be. It’ll only get better over time. Watch this space.
Do you have a blog of your own? If not, are you thinking about starting one? Share your thoughts and links below. I would love to hear from you.