Happy New Year, America!
I hope this new year will be better for you as it will be for me. While I don’t have a job yet, there are other things starting up soon that are still worth looking forward to for the time being — personally and professionally. I remain optimistic but I am also excited as well.
Let’s take a look at the first set of stories for #Read3 of 2014 — ironically, most of which are about 2013 — and look ahead to what I can expect this week.
- Social Media Heroes of 2013 – PRSSA Progressions blog published my list of nominees for the social media heroes of 2013. It is loosely derived from the Winners and Losers post I put out on this space last month.
- 2013: A Look Back on the Year That Was – Back on this space, I looked back at the year that was. Despite some notable and remarkable moments, it also is a year I am glad to leave behind.
- Expectations for 2014: Finishing What I Started – On New Year’s Day, I listed my set of expectations, not resolutions, for 2014. That way, I won’t run the risk of burning out or losing interest so easily in the goals I set for this new year.
- Mineta program – My first class for the graduate certificate in transportation management program through the Mineta Transportation Institute at San Jose State University starts Wednesday night in Downtown L.A. This one will deal with emergency issues for transportation professionals. I highly doubt it will involve joke fire extinguishers that shoot out gummy worms or something to that effect. It would be interesting if it did.
- Jeopardy! online test – “What is Tuesday afternoon at 4 p.m. PT?” This will determine if I can become a contestant on Jeopardy! I know, it is a long shot and I took this same test a few years back. Still, it’s free and there’s nothing to lose by doing so.
Have a wonderful week, everyone!