Happy Sunday, America!
With Christmas time and the New Year fast approaching, these are some pretty exciting and busy times. I’m looking forward to reconnecting with the people that I have come to know all these years.
I should also take this time to mention that earlier this week, I have been selected to serve on the executive committee of PRSA New Professionals next year. I will serve as the diversity liaison in this national leadership board. More on that in my next Reflections and Expectations later this month.
That being said, let’s take a look at this week’s #Read3 and what I can expect for the week ahead — the busiest in a while.
- The Most Important Things Young Professionals Should Know About Personal Finance – Brazen Careerist shows young professionals how they can manage their money right, especially in these challenging times and in a competitive business environment.
- Your Career and You: “It All Starts Somewhere” – Kirk Hazlett (APR, Fellow PRSA) discusses how you can map out your life by first knowing where to begin.
- Don’t Let This One Thing Hold You Back From Achieving Your Dreams: Avoiding The Comparison Trap – Jessica Lawlor encourages you to cheer up and have a more optimistic view in life by not comparing the status of your life to that of your peers.
- Visit El Dorado High School – For the seventh year in a row, I will visit my alma mater high school Friday to visit my student council advisor-turned-principal, Carey Cecil. She has been a wonderful friend and an early mentor of mine who was instrumental in helping me pave the way to future success. It’s always a joy to visit her.
- Christmas time with the railfans – Also an annual holiday tradition — this one for the third year in a row — I will be spending this coming weekend with my railfan friends for a Christmas party at Fullerton station. I regularly spent most weekend nights out there with them before moving to Philadelphia. Although I have since moved back, my visits there have been sporadic. It’ll be great to see them again, regardless.
- Homeland season finale – It’s tonight at 9 p.m. ET / PT on Showtime. Don’t miss it.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!